View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #4807 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
First, I have to apologize to you, the Z community, for driving around in an absolutely filthy Z for nearly a year. I have done my best to reverse course this weekend. I found some before photos ... from Dec 9, 2014! The first three photos are before, and the other four are the fruits of my labor. My camera died just before engine bay photos, so I'll have to get those later.

Since Friday I have spent somewhere around 13 hours detailing the Z in what I like to call a Labor of Love. Almost everything. By hand. It might be easier to name the items I did not clean. Undershroud, spare tire, and radiator are about all I can think of

Engine bay got a thorough wipe down including removal and treatment of all cowls. Wheels were removed and cleaned, including barrels. This allowed me to clean the calipers as well as clean and treat the fender linings. The interior was vacuumed and all panels were wiped down in detail. Most rubber trim and seals were cleaned and treated. Exhaust was polished and CF cans were cleaned.

All exterior panels received at least a wash, clay, polish, and liquid sealant applied by hand. This is the shortcut I took at the end of today when I was fading. The hood, front fenders, doors and roof were done when I had more energy and received a wash, clay, 2-step polish, 2 layers liquid sealant, glaze, and buttery wax. See the photo of the arsenal I used. Towels used were Eagle Edgeless Orange/Blue from The Rag Company.

Ummmm.... you wanna do mine?