View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 07:01 PM   #80 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused -- who hit whom?

The girl in the Z was obviously speeding, (at least relative to other drivers), but it looked like the van t-boned the Z.

Did the girl in the Z run a stop sign or something or am I not following the vid properly?

EDIT: okay, so the van driver didn't yield, and technically, they are both at some degree of fault, but you can't prosecute someone who is deceased, so the state decided to nail the survivor to the wall...

Jeez... that's rough. My sympathies to everyone on this one.

As to the cell phone thing, it has nothing to do with having hands free or not, it's all about cognitive load and divided attention -- holding a conversation commands a lot of it, so it does tend to increase error rates (in this case, fatally). Texting while driving is just impossible to do without some added error because it consumes a lot of executive function as well as ties up your hands.

Check your phone briefly at red lights only, put away when green, eyes on the road -- problem solved.

Last edited by Jordo!; 07-18-2015 at 07:09 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote