Thread: CJM Oil Pan
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 04:23 PM   #230 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

I ordered some pre-drilled screws to try out that will be here Monday. I wouldnt want to have to drill those little holes in those screws! They dont have the flange in them, my supplier doesnt carry any pre-drilled with flange or locking flange. I will supply the stainless wire for it also. For the screws I went with Black-Oxide alloy steel since its tensile strength (170,000psi) was more than double the prettier stainless variant (80,000psi).

They are 10-32 thread and 1/2" thread length. The prototype baffle top plate was .115" thick but for production I am going .060" to make it a little lighter. Well actually I told the laser cutter to play with it and if the .060" felt flimsy to just use the .115". The thicker plate is 9oz and far more sturdy than necessary, so I figured on going lighter and a few drops more oil capacity with thinner plate as long as its still sturdy... I left it up to him.

He plans to cut the baffles tomorrow, so I might have them by tuesday or wednesday.