View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 07:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
nis350
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
nis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond repute

it is interesting that you pulled the fuse and cut the brown wire and it would still lock? Did you actually hear the lock when you turn off your car? From all the posts I've read, cutting the brown wire would eliminate the power from the lock. Are you sure you cut the correct brown wire and pulled the correct fuse?

It is true that the steering lock recall only covered certain 2009 - 2010 cars. Mine has a built date of 04/2010 and it isn't covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zae757 View Post
Just left the dealership not to long ago and they said that the vehicle isnt covered for the recall. My Z was made in 2010 June. I made sure that I put the car into ACC mode when it was working and pulled the fuse; a few weeks later, it didnt work anymore. I then decided to cut the wire once I got the car working again and yet again, a few weeks later; it failed. So now the vehicle is with the dealership and I'm dreading the phone call I'm going to receive to tell me how much I owe them.

If there is a recall, could one of you send me the message or something in regards that I can take to the dealership saying that the part is to be replace free of charge. Please PM me this information if you have it. I dont feel like draining my savings account for this part; I was looking to upgrade my brakes but now its going to be put on the back burner because of it...

Last edited by nis350; 07-14-2015 at 07:34 PM.
nis350 is offline   Reply With Quote