View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 11:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zae757 View Post
I have a 2010 Nissan 370Z Base model with several mods.

So I've had this issue for a few months now (around February this year it started). My steering lock is faulty and finally failed this morning when I tried to start my car this morning. I've been through this forum over the months and located different fixes for this issue starting from; removing the fuse, cutting the brown wire, and then beating the d*mn steering lock to death. Each and every one of the temporary fixes worked for a while but then it would go out again. I have been trying to do everything under the sun not to go and spend $1200 plus to get it fixed from Nissan. It's ironically because it’s a simple box under the steering wheel that I've taken out several times. I'm trying to figure out where the $1200 plus is coming from; anyone please explain!

The ultimate fix for this would be to drop it off at Nissan and just have them fix it. I wish I could do something in order not to spend that much money on this little box. Nissan has put a bad taste in my mouth (pause) and don’t think I will be buying another Nissan in my lifetime. The car is great and I love it to death but with the help I've received from Nissan (which is none), I think I will be investing in a American muscle for my next sports car. I love my tuner cars but this little incident just rubbed me the wrong way (pause).

Oh yea, and no recall on this part even though all 2009-2010 Nissan cars with the steering lock will go one day. The part is faulty and don't even know why they would put this on a car. Smh...time to go crack open my piggy bank I'm so disappointed in Nissan right now
pulling the fuse or cutting the wire are not temporary fixes if you did them properly, also like a few others have said....THERE IS A RECALL ON THE STEERING LOCK!
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote