View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 08:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
zae757
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
zae757 is on a distinguished road
Default Steering Lock...just went

I have a 2010 Nissan 370Z Base model with several mods.

So I've had this issue for a few months now (around February this year it started). My steering lock is faulty and finally failed this morning when I tried to start my car this morning. I've been through this forum over the months and located different fixes for this issue starting from; removing the fuse, cutting the brown wire, and then beating the d*mn steering lock to death. Each and every one of the temporary fixes worked for a while but then it would go out again. I have been trying to do everything under the sun not to go and spend $1200 plus to get it fixed from Nissan. It's ironically because it’s a simple box under the steering wheel that I've taken out several times. I'm trying to figure out where the $1200 plus is coming from; anyone please explain!

The ultimate fix for this would be to drop it off at Nissan and just have them fix it. I wish I could do something in order not to spend that much money on this little box. Nissan has put a bad taste in my mouth (pause) and don’t think I will be buying another Nissan in my lifetime. The car is great and I love it to death but with the help I've received from Nissan (which is none), I think I will be investing in a American muscle for my next sports car. I love my tuner cars but this little incident just rubbed me the wrong way (pause).

Oh yea, and no recall on this part even though all 2009-2010 Nissan cars with the steering lock will go one day. The part is faulty and don't even know why they would put this on a car. Smh...time to go crack open my piggy bank I'm so disappointed in Nissan right now
zae757 is offline   Reply With Quote