View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 05:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

The MP62 was probably way too small -- I ran an overdriven one of those on a 2ZZ motor (I4).

The MP90 or newer TVS equivalent should work.

The dual inlet/dual outlet design, A2W IC outside the manifold (rather than internal) and properly sized piping is what would be the key innovation to making this all work right -- using, say, laminovas in an internal IC core would also work, but not as well -- what you'd gain in flow you'd lose in heat transfer.

The other option, as I said, would be to forgo the IC entirely and use direct port W/I, progressive controller -- for modest boost (say < 1 bar) this would be a beast off the line. Top end might not hit much past 400, but the aim here would be a torquey road car, not a dragstrip/dyno queen. It would make massive torque off idle and keep it flat to redline.

Also, was the Stillen kit for the DE (?) motor or the later gen 350Z motor with the dual intakes? If it was for the former, it would be better to modify the OEM 370 IM since everything else will already fit.