View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 07:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ Definitely -- just throwing that out there if anyone wanted to actually try and do this.

The key innovation is dual inlet/outlet plus internal airflow straightener idea (taken from A.G. Bell's excellent text on supercharging). That should mean equalized pressure to both banks.

It would need a nice Johnson water pump too. And a bigger fuel pump and injectors.

The rest could be cut out of aluminum (bracketry, etc.) or built by modifying a OEM upper and lower mani. Then you just need some mandrel bent 2.25" (for TB to back of SC) and 2.5" piping in.out of IC core). If someone actually anted to do this, I'd help with sourcing parts and checking sizes of things like core, piping, pump flow requirements, etc.

And it needs a hole in the hood. Anyone know how much clearance there is from the head up? The IM/IC core design is probably about as tall... then the SC would have to stick up mad max style...

And it would probably need a different front strut bar...

If I had the cash and a buddy on hand who is both a madman and a good fabricator, I'd be doing this. But... right now I don't, so just throwing this out there to see if it inspires anyone.

Last edited by Jordo!; 07-12-2015 at 07:32 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote