View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 06:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
DOOMMONKEY777
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 6psd-sport-pkg
DOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 370z driver side suspension clunk noise driving over pot holes.

Hi, i am calling on all the suspension guru's out there, i drive in nyc daily for the past 2 years, ive had this clunk noise coming from rear driver side suspension only when i drive over a pot hole or a trench in the pavement.

If i drive over an elevation of some sort on the road, the clunk isnt there, its only when the wheel goes down in to the hole and up out of it, but not over an elevation in the road.

A friend of mine thought its the sub frame bushing, now am not going to change that because its not that important.

Recently ive been driving with my windows open due to summer time, and the roads in nyc are just terrible, i mean really bad, i think Russian roads are waaay better, and this clunk noise is really annoying at this point. So i took a look for any defect i might find, such as torn rubber bushings, metal on metal hit spots and i compared all the findings with the healthy side the passenger rear suspension.

Found nothing out of ordinary, so i roamed the web and found that the strut top connection has a bushing btw it and the body of the car, i replaced that bushing, still the clunk proceeds, also looked at the sub frame bushings and compared it to both sides, the outer rubber seems normal, no metal to metal contact sings either, but i have noticed that the driver side sits about 2-3mm lower, this is when the rear was jacked up and wheels removed.

Any inquiry is welcome to try and pin point this problem thanx.