View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 08:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
fryzia23
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 MB 370Z NISMO
fryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond repute

So I ran into a major issue. When test fitting I inserted the sub axle shaft into the diff without much of a tap of a rubber mallet. Taking the axle out was a whole another story. It was pretty much impossible to take it out. Long story short In desperation I used a press and it came out but the axle stub broke off at the tip right after the c-clip groove. I My understanding is the c-clip that came in inside the diff is too thick for the factory axle stub c-clip groove so it won't compress properly upon removal. I was able to source a new axle stub which will be here tomorrow. I will take out c-clips from the os Giken and try it with factory c-clips. My worry is in the future if I ever need to take it out again. Here the pic of axle stub.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (538.7 KB, 21 views)
fryzia23 is offline   Reply With Quote