View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticreaver View Post
okay so many of you guys on the forums have PM me about the key fob for the 370z. i'm sorry that i haven't been paying attention to the forums. but i wanted to answer you questions in a thread because i figure it would be easier to do so.

this is what i did to obtain the key fob, and many of you guys will probably not go with this route because it's pretty costly for a piece of leather that keeps your keys.

there is a website called JAA Japan Auction Agency -Bid, Purchase, and Ship to you from Japan-. what you guys probably already know, or if you didn't, that japanese online stores do not ship overseas. 99% of the stores online in japan will only ship within japan. so you need to have a third party to help you ship it out. this website, which is legit because i've purchase with them a few times, they ship out the products for you. what they do is, buy and ship. they work on a commission basis, and that commission is calculated by what the price of the product is. so it can be even more expensive to go through this route. the only reason why i did it was because i had some left over credit with them and i wanted to spend it and didn't know on what until i saw the key fob.

you basically submit the website with the product, tell them you wish to purchase and they will invoice you a paypal invoice and if you choose to pay for it, they will purchase the item for you. then they will bill you another invoice for the commission and shipping. that's how it works. you can also ask them to bid on auctions from japan. same procedure except that you would tell them how high you want to bid, if you don't win, i believe you don't have to pay a dime. that's basically it. any other questions, post here and i will help you guys, if i can, to answer your questions, thanks.
great info, thanks!