View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 10:15 AM   #20 (permalink)
AnthonyD1978
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z Nismo
AnthonyD1978 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by visconti View Post
Just wanted to chime in, most of this information is actually from my website - Nissan 370Z/G37/Q50 Tune – Visconti Tuning

What's important to understand is EcuTek does not provide any type of Flash&Go / Basemaps / OFF-THE-SHELF maps like COBB does. All off-the-shelf maps for 370z that can be purchased from my website is something that I've personally worked on over the past two years. These tunes are designed for someone who doesn't have all their bolt-ons installed yet but want advanced logging ability, improved throttle response or some of the features like Launch Control / Flat Foot Shifting. I strongly recommend that when you finish purchasing all your bolt-ons that you get a custom tune. Several people have actually opted for custom tune right from the start, later if they add more mods there will be a small fee to update the tune.

Not all EcuTek Dealers are going to offer services the same way I do, but from working with other platforms I found this approach to work the best for everyone.

EcuTek's Custom Code called "RaceRom" includes both hard coded features like Map Switching, Valet Mode, Launch Control, Flat Foot Shifting, Gauge Hijack and something called Custom Maps. Custom Maps is exactly how it sounds, it's a blank map that can be re-purposed for different things - Flex Fuel , Boost Control, or Fuel System Fail safe. This is something that the tuner has to spend a good amount of time setting up correctly. To setup Flex Fuel you'll need about 5 custom maps, it's a lot of work and although EcuTek does provide some example data it still requires the tuner to know what they are doing.. There's no way for Tuner A's Flex Fuel setup to be the same as Tuner B's.. Tuner A might have a better approach to flex fuel or traction control - you just never know and to me that's the beauty of custom maps, flexible and makes the good tuners really shine.

Advanced Custom Features like Flex Fuel, Traction Control, Fuel System Failsafes can be part of any custom tune, if your getting a tune from me it'll be at a added expense.

Let me know if you have anymore questions

John
One thing that John uses that sets him apart from others is his Tuner Assist software. It's very convenient for customers to manage their tunes and logs during the eTune process. I'm currently working with John on my tune now and it works great.

John, can you speak to the traction control feature? Is there anyway to disable the yaw sensor via tune? Many track people manually disable this sensor to get rid of "ice mode". This is done by physically pulling the yaw sensor harness. I would love to have a "track" map I can select that disables the yaw sensor and VDC at the same time. It should still keep ABS active though.

Thanks.
AnthonyD1978 is offline   Reply With Quote