View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 09:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
visconti
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Sub WRX STi
visconti will become famous soon enoughvisconti will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by osbornsm View Post
Hello all and welcome to the most coherent knowledge i was able to piece together while being jet-lagged.

== ECUTEK ==

There are two different versions of ECUTEK software:
  1. ProECU - Tuning Suite - you want this version
  2. ProECU - Programming kit not avail for 370z
---------------------------------------------------------------

Moving right along, there are a further two versions of the Tuning Suite software.
  1. Off-the-Shelf Tune
    • Suitable for a 370Z/G37/Q50 w or w/o a cat-back exhaust and stock-sized intakes.
  2. Custom Tune
    • Suitable for any modded 370Z/G37/Q50.
    • Fine-tune adjustments based on datalogs generated while on the street or dyno.

1. Off-the-Shelf Tune
- Price: $650
- Features:
  • Raises RPM Limit
  • Improves Fuel Economy
  • Adjusts Ignition Timing
  • Adjusts VVT Timing
  • Removes Speed Limiter
  • Raises MAX Cruise Control Thresholds
  • RaceRom Launch Control
  • RaceRom Flat Foot Shifting
  • Four Way Map Switching - 2x 91OCT & 2x 93OCT Maps

2. Custom Tune - RaceROM
- Price: $850
- Features include all of the previous ^^, plus ++:
  • Map Switching - Rev counter indication of the four different map switch modes
  • Speed Density - MAP sensor based tuning with VVEL compensation
  • RaceROM Controller - Use the cruise control switch gear for adjusting calibration
  • Knock Warning - Check engine light flashes when knocking is detected
  • Per Gear Rev Limit - A customizable Rev limit for each gear
  • Launch Control - Adjustable Launch RPM using the cruise control (Manual Transmission models only)
  • Traction Control - Adjustable traction control using custom maps
  • Boost Control - Closed loop boost control using custom maps
  • Flex-Fuel - Ethanol flex-fuel tuning using custom maps
  • AFR Control - Closed loop target AFR control using custom maps
  • Fail-Safe - Protect the engine from any dangerous situations
  • Gauge Hijack - Display lambda, AFR, fuel trims or ethanol content on the oil temp gauge

If the Custom features are something you NEED. Then tell your tuner you want THAT version.
The Off-the-Shelf tune, does NOT include all features.
Just wanted to chime in, most of this information is actually from my website - Nissan 370Z/G37/Q50 Tune – Visconti Tuning

What's important to understand is EcuTek does not provide any type of Flash&Go / Basemaps / OFF-THE-SHELF maps like COBB does. All off-the-shelf maps for 370z that can be purchased from my website is something that I've personally worked on over the past two years. These tunes are designed for someone who doesn't have all their bolt-ons installed yet but want advanced logging ability, improved throttle response or some of the features like Launch Control / Flat Foot Shifting. I strongly recommend that when you finish purchasing all your bolt-ons that you get a custom tune. Several people have actually opted for custom tune right from the start, later if they add more mods there will be a small fee to update the tune.

Not all EcuTek Dealers are going to offer services the same way I do, but from working with other platforms I found this approach to work the best for everyone.

EcuTek's Custom Code called "RaceRom" includes both hard coded features like Map Switching, Valet Mode, Launch Control, Flat Foot Shifting, Gauge Hijack and something called Custom Maps. Custom Maps is exactly how it sounds, it's a blank map that can be re-purposed for different things - Flex Fuel , Boost Control, or Fuel System Fail safe. This is something that the tuner has to spend a good amount of time setting up correctly. To setup Flex Fuel you'll need about 5 custom maps, it's a lot of work and although EcuTek does provide some example data it still requires the tuner to know what they are doing.. There's no way for Tuner A's Flex Fuel setup to be the same as Tuner B's.. Tuner A might have a better approach to flex fuel or traction control - you just never know and to me that's the beauty of custom maps, flexible and makes the good tuners really shine.

Advanced Custom Features like Flex Fuel, Traction Control, Fuel System Failsafes can be part of any custom tune, if your getting a tune from me it'll be at a added expense.

Let me know if you have anymore questions

John

Visconti Tuning Webstore | Support Documents & Downloads
visconti is offline   Reply With Quote