Thread: My 2010 Z
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #42 (permalink)
Micas
Base Member

Drives: 2004 G35 Coupe
Micas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudafunk View Post
My question from this - LOOKING BACK - do you feel you would have been going crazy in a house worth $200k instead of $220k - and thereby been in a position to afford an extra $20k on your car. I'd put my money on YES which is why I'm so into buying a 'better' car first. But I'm open to change my thinking and would love to understand why someone would say NO to this.
Okay, I lied, one last thing.

You're quibbling over 20K so you can "afford a car", as if that 20k is going to be putting you at your limit. You're looking at it in very strange terms.

Let's get right down to it. How old are you and what's your annual income? I'm betting that you make less in a year than you want to spend on a car. The sense that I get is that you're a young guy who really wants a car he has no business getting, and is that 19 year old type that is Slynky's son.

Young people do stupid things. I did. I'm not going to tell you not to buy something, that's obviously pretty pretentious. I can try and talk you out of leveraging everything in order to satisfy a material desire, but ultimately we're all product of our mistakes as well as our successes. Being held hostage by a big debt for a long time is a lesson that sometimes needs to be learned the hard way.
Micas is offline   Reply With Quote