View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 12:51 AM   #890 (permalink)
Anifaust
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z
Anifaust is on a distinguished road

So I had the infamous clutch sink on Thursday night, July 2nd. Was taking a friend home and we got mildly spirited on the way (4-5k revs big whoop right?) Well apparently the car thought so cause after I pulled the pedal up with my foot and downshifted into second right before turning on her street less than 1/4 mile from the clutch drop I popped it into neutral to coast to her house which was 3 in from the main street.

Tranny locked into second yet my gearshifter was in neutral middle. It would push right side between the 5th/6th forks but wouldn't go left betwen 1st/2nd. I was completely locked out of any gear I attempted to choose. All the while if I started the car with the clutch depressed I could ease out and immediately knew I was in second due to how much rev/bog I had depending on gas pressure.

Note I drive a '09 6spd MT with roughly 47k and change on the OD. Never had issues with the CSC prior. Since I'm out of warranty and the stealership has screwed me in the past with the Steering lock stating I had to pay almost $1,600 to fix- yet I found this forum thankfully and fixed it myself with the 10A fuse pull only to find out a month after they recalled my model and wanted to replace it for free (of course I let them and let them firmly know my displeasure of fixing it myself by pulling the fuse- they still neglected to replace the 10A when I had the part replaced). I took it to a very well reviewed local transmission shop here in OKC.

Since it was hauled in on July 3rd and they couldn't get to it until "today"- July 7th I missed the holiday weekend with friends and family. Thanks Nissan.

It's thusfar cost me around $500 just to have the shop drop and pop the transmission. His best guess prior to opening it up was that I had a bent/broken fork or dislodged rod. I prepared myself for the worst, torn up internals, complete replacement etc. Come to find out the shops master tech's best advice was that since the clutch was in the full flux of CSC jenk that it just got out of sync and locked the tranny down. He said it was the cleanest he had ever opened up and could've used the fluid he drained from it as brand new in someone else's ride and sold it as brand new.

Note- I baby the hell out of my Z. I love her to death but god damnit Nissan get your **** together.

For those of you who have never seen the internals they are truly a work of art in my opinion. My pics seem to be too high rez for the website so here's a link to a public drive I have setup, note the burn gel with Lido for all my butthurt.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Xc&usp=sharing

Last edited by Anifaust; 07-08-2015 at 02:41 AM.
Anifaust is offline   Reply With Quote