View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 02:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
RicerX
Track Member

Drives: To the Pizza joint.
RicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC-Nismo View Post
Don't know why you guys feel like you have to give up your cars because you have kids. If your looking at $40k cars, then you should be able to afford a $2500-$4000 four door for the family. I have two boys, 23, 9 and I've never at any point given up any car that I've had or not gotten one I wanted. Granted, my family car is a 465hp SRT8 I'd still buy a reliable beater to get around in before I got rid of my Nismo.
I guess I'm totally blind to the idea of getting something $5k or so that could be considered reliable and more importantly safe. I drive around in the land of bro-dozers daily and I could get something older, but I do have to keep safety in mind. The Subaru ticks the boxes of modern safety plus performance, which is probably why my thought process took me down the road of dumping the Z for something more accommodating and dual purpose.