View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 01:04 PM   #263 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsutton2 View Post
What would you do?

Dude wants to buy my OEM rays... ok sweet! So, he sends credit card payment via PayPal, but addresses don't match anywhere. The one on paypal doesn't match the one he wanted me to send it to. And... it's a P.O. box, that he said was his parents house.

I asked him update paypal and resend the payment after I refunded the first one. His question: "Can you just omit the P.O. box?". My response was no, because I'd have no protection through paypal.

Guy updates paypal, this time he sends an eCheck. I didn't see an address on the payment, but I thought it was because it hadn't cleared. It took till today to clear, which it did. Still, no address at all listed on this payment.

Which means, here we are again... no protection from paypal.

Now... with payment cleared and no address, no protection, he wants me to send them anyway. Lastly, his response after telling him about the missing address, "As long as they are what you say they are then there should be no issues."

Is the guy trying to pull one over on me? I'm starting to feel like it only because it shouldn't be this hard to complete this transaction.

We've been texting, and using PM's... seems like a nice guy. Lives in TN.

Any advice or incite on what might be going on?? I just don't want a paypal reversal to hit my account for $900 a month later leaving me with nothing.
If it looks shady it usually is.