View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 11:24 AM   #23 (permalink)
skosmc
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z
skosmc is just really niceskosmc is just really niceskosmc is just really niceskosmc is just really niceskosmc is just really nice

Next I moved on to the front of the car. I'm trying to get it completely wrapped up so I can move to the back. Went to remove the bump stop brackets and add the tire rod spacer. Removed the cotter pin and outer tie rod off.

Here's the inner tie rod after moving the boot down.

I then removed it and the outer to get them on the bench and add the spacer. Turns out 350z tie rods are a different size.. Who would of guessed. So I called my buddy and he started making me a new one as well as a smaller spacer for the drivers side. I'll be going to pick those up tonight.

After that I decided to start working on the bump stops. Took them over to my fathers so I could grind down the brackets. Got a little crazy with the grinder on one of the brackets so welded it up and smoothed it out. Then sand blasted them down and got some paint on them. (Not the best welder. Don't judge it )

After I was done doing the brackets, my paint guy called me and told me the spoiler was ready for pick up! Here are a few before photos when he was prepping it. It had a low spot he had to knock out. Also (Which I didn't notice.. and it kind sucked ) it had a crack in it. So after gluing and some bondo. He primed and painted it. Came out awesome! I then went home and mounted it.

Also, while I was mounting it. I decided to take the extra weight off the trunk since there was no point in having it.

That's about it. A lot more coming this week. Sorry to make these post so short. Never enough time in the day!