View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 09:54 AM   #9372 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwest2300 View Post
Tracie, just a couple basic but big "Do Not Do's"

1. Dont touch the actual bulb from your kit. (I cant stress that enough). I'd even say before you start handling the bulb, put on some nylon gloves, its that important. Why is it important? The HID bulb and the grease/oil/sweat on your hand and HID bulbs are a bad mix, and you run a very high chance of damaging the bulb, or severely affecting the life of the actual bulb itself.

2. Watch your wiring, your engine gets hot, so wire it correctly and tuck it away like its factory, and mount the ballasts in a good spot, zip ties work well when doing this..
Rule #1. SO IMPORTANT!!! People don't realize how getting oil from your fingers on the glass housing drastically reduces the lifespan of the bulb itself.