View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 10:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore.speed View Post
Personally, I'd rather make some money off of one of the sets of wheels. They will be worth more selling as a staggered set than selling all four fronts. But if you are going to keep both sets and don't mind storing the 4 front wheels and run the square setup you mentioned, you will get some poke at stock height, I'd expect, on the front. The smallest I'd go on the 10" wide wheel is 255/35, if you want no stretch. I've done this setup before and it works. That should fit ok up front.

Have you tried taking one of your 19x10's with 275's on it and put it on the front? Then you'd know how it will fit.

If it were me, I'd keep it staggered and sell a set of your Rays and use that money for a good set of tires or coilovers/springs.
Selling the extra set has been on my mind for a while. They are in the living room right now so I have extra room in the garage. I like having the extra set because I can bring just the wheels and tires to Discount Tire instead of the whole car. That way I can take the wheels on/off the car myself.

Also, I don't want to lower the car at this time. I already scrape my driveway at stock height. I hope to eventually put coilovers on it when it is no longer my DD.

I have no doubt that 275s on rear sport wheels mounted up front will work. There are a number of people on the forum that have done it successfully. And 255s are too narrow for the 10" rear wheel IMO - I've seen some tires that run narrow have a very slight stretch even in size 265 on the rear sport wheels.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote