View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
GT Motoring
Enthusiast Member

Drives: R35
GT Motoring has a reputation beyond reputeGT Motoring has a reputation beyond reputeGT Motoring has a reputation beyond reputeGT Motoring has a reputation beyond reputeGT Motoring has a reputation beyond reputeGT Motoring has a reputation beyond reputeGT Motoring has a reputation beyond reputeGT Motoring has a reputation beyond reputeGT Motoring has a reputation beyond reputeGT Motoring has a reputation beyond reputeGT Motoring has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to GT Motoring

Yeah if you use your ebrake, then put it in gear after already putting the e-brake up there would be no strain on the trans unless you are on a HUGE hill and the e-brake is then doing nothing.

I doubt even then it will cause anything bad to happen.

I have just always used only the e-brake whenever possible. Cause in my eyes brake pads and rotors are cheap compared to a clutch and transmission, that's why I never downshift when coming to a stop light. Just put it in neutral and coast then use the brakes. But that is a whole different topic...

Another way to look at it would be if someone hits your car while it is parked, and it is in gear the car will not move, it will be like hitting a brick wall... but if someone hits your car and only the e-brake is on, the car will slightly move so it wont be as bad. I know this has nothing to do with you but something to think about, haha.
GT Motoring is offline   Reply With Quote