View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ĉon
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Touring
Ĉon is on a distinguished road
Default $2900 for a new Airbag hardness module?

Hi all. Really sorry for the double post but I need to make a decision right away. Here's my issue:
I've had my Z for a bit over a month. I found that after a couple weeks I started getting the flashing airbag on my dash. I put it in diagnostic mode, which, according to the post on this board, means "Front Passenger Airbag Module". I took it back to the VW dealership where I bought it, and they sent it to a Nissan dealership to have it checked out. They came back saying it's a fault in the passenger airbag harness module, and that it's gonna cost $2900 (CAD) to fix. The dealership said they could sell me a 2 year extended warranty that would cover it for a little less. Like, very slightly less. I might be able to just get a one year for 2 grand, but either way, this is a ton of money.

I have to get back to them shortly but I'm torn because on one hand, the Nissan dealership could just be screwing me (hard), but on the other hand, I don't think anyone else than a dealership will do this kind of work. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks so much!
Ĉon is offline   Reply With Quote