View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 09:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
a.stewart4242
Base Member

Drives: '11 370z White 6spd
a.stewart4242 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic Z View Post
I have a type R that was in my Camaro before it was sold. Was amazed at the sound that came out of it. One catch though: it was in a large ported enclosure. It was made at the largest recommended amount of air space. This made it hit soooo low and clean to my ears, but there really isn't that kind of room in the Z. Would look at reviews for 10's that specify air space used and whether or not it performed well in frequency response range. Good luck!
Depending on the box size, the type r is an awesome 10. I had one in a sealed box and it sounded great, would have sounded better with a little larger of a box. My box was .78 sq-ft + some pollyfill. 1 sq-ft is the minimum you want for the type r, but of course sealed boxes are more forgiving in size.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Fast Intentionz Header-back exhaust | Fast Intentionz Oil Cooler | Stillen Intake | Exedy Clutch | Uprev Tune | Kaaz Super-Q 2-way Diff | Nismo Diff Cover | Powertrix R/T Coilovers | SPL Toe Bolts and Camber Arms | Fastguy9r Hitch | Verde 19" Parallax Wheels
a.stewart4242 is offline   Reply With Quote