Thread: Gotta warn ya!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 01:26 AM   #47 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
My JKU is only at around 45K. Done a good bit of towing across much of the US (with a good bit more weight than recommend ), some offroading through the front range and northeast, and then the general commuting. No issues so far, but it's really still a baby at this point.

The key with Jeep's is to order them without the fancy stuff. Chrysler does a horrible job on those components, and 99/100 problems are with the bells and whistles (My loaded GC was nothing but problems, my Cherokees were problem free).

The big issues I have with the car are the low towing capacity and the aerodynamics. There's nothing like trying to get through Kansas on 70 with gusting winds and that giant Wrangler box...

( Click to show/hide )

I dated a girl with a 2010? 2011? Wrangler once. All sorts of issues. Randomly died, etc.
There is a Cherokee in my parkinglot for sale for $1500. The fluid stains follow it wherever it parks. Same for the mid 2000's Grand Cherokee I see, although I can ID that leak as coolant. The Cherokee is a mystery leak of "dark fluid".

Just say no to Chrysler. Just...say no.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote