View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 07:29 AM   #24 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacist View Post
obviously the car is not in gear, or if its in gear the clutch is disengaged and srm is off. yeah it does seem like circuitry lag due to the electric throttle. all my previous cars had mechanical throttle cables, and throttle response was definitely much more immediate both in opening and closing the throttle
If your car is not in gear when you lift off the throttle, then I stand by my belief that it's related to the high-mass flywheel. The fact that it hangs for a second before it drops is consistent with what I'd expect from a flywheel with a lot of rotational inertia. But hey, who knows for sure, right? Heck, maybe it's not just one factor. Maybe it's a combination of factors (i.e., heavy flywheel combined with DBW).
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote