View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 08:23 PM   #65 (permalink)
HKYStormFront
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 Frontier SE 6spd
HKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to HKYStormFront

Well, I completed most of my fluids tonight, unfortunately my Dexcool didn't make it here in time (thank you UPS for insisting on a signature even though I left a note to leave my crap at the door!). I'll get it later this week or next week. Started off the day going to the local GM dealership for the oil change. After that went to Discount for a rotate and balance. I thought surely my tires were getting low by now as I've put almost 25k miles on this set of Pilot Super Sports, but low and behold, they were still at 7/32nd's on three tires and 6/32nd'd on another. Still in great shape honestly. I may get 40k out of them, man PSS' are amazing! While at Discount we did a quick walk around before they took the car in and found a new scratch that the GM dealership had put on my rear driver's side door about half way down. Looked like the tech or porter had a radio or keys on their waste as they tried to get in the car and hit the door. Most of it came out but you can still see one small scratch. Hopefully that will disappear the next time I get it fully detailed and paint corrected. This evening we swapped all the other fluids. The diff fluid was almost pure sludge at 40k miles. If you have a LSD diff in your G8, I'd suggest changing the fluid often! My clutch fluid was also practically sludge as well. Glad we went ahead and did that. The brake fluid wasn't bad but it definitely was dark and needed to be done. The power steering wasn't bad, nor was the transmission fluid, but they are all changed now, save for the coolant.

Mileage: 40,054