View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 08:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
ScottOmatic
Base Member

Drives: '88 Porsche 928 S4
ScottOmatic is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your input guys,

I heed all of the info you have given, I understand the science of it may not be so cut and dry to understand but I will certainly listen to anyone that has gotten good results on their rides.

I did see the RE-71R's mentioned in another thread ( think it was the tail end of the RE-11 thread) but with the tire being one of the newest with less info on them, would like more info on road handling in the wet and tread life.

I drive the Z maybe 5,000 miles a year so tread life isn't the biggest concern, and if does fairly well in damp conditions, I might as well pick something in the Extreme Performance Summer category over Max Performance Summer Category.

My main thought with putting a wider tire on the front, such as the square setup was that even if you have a certain side ratio and wider tire width, with the rim only being 9 inches wide compared to 10 in the back, the tire might crown considerably more and the contact patch may be considerably different.

If people say 275/35r 19's all around are good, I certainly won't argue with that.

Or I can take Kenchan's advice and put bicycle tires on.... the back!
ScottOmatic is offline   Reply With Quote