View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 07:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
POS VETT
Track Member

Drives: Z34|C4LT4|C6Z06|V25
POS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond repute

When I mentioned trail braking, I meant to say that I changed my driving and used that feature to my advantage. In my current car that's RWD, I can't use trail braking; it just doesn't work in an autox, might work when I want to slide around, but it induces major, sometime unrecoverable, power oversteer. I use a small amount of throttle to maintain a more steady cornering speed.

It's hard for me to say what you could use that instability for without being there. A very brief application of trail braking might work in your case as long as throttle is applied gradually afterward. Watch for the weight shift and start from there. You might or might not be comfortable with a tiny slide for a quicker rotation purpose. What tires do you run?
POS VETT is offline   Reply With Quote