View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Memphis370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 MB
Memphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissCheese View Post
Question - Faded Paint?
If you look hard enough at the third photo, you can see the outline from where the decal used to be. I'm pretty confident that I removed all of the adhesive, which leads me to believe that it is due to faded paint. As I mentioned above, the decal has been on the car for 1 - 1.5 years. My car spends most of its time in my garage or in the covered parking ramp at work (so, not in direct sunlight).

Is there anything I can do to make the "faded" paint less noticeable?
Glad you posted this. I've been wondering the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LIFE View Post
First thing I would try is Meguiars ScratchX 2.0.. Ive had good success with using it on trouble spots similar to yours. Easy pick up at Walmart and you will not hurt/damage paint if it works or don't work
Thanks for recommending this. I'll give it a shot. Since removing my dealer decal a month or so ago, I shake my head every time I look at the difference in the paint. MB is such a bitch to maintain.
Memphis370Z is offline   Reply With Quote