View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 07:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Bshields22
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Black 370Z-R
Bshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenwoodturbo View Post
What exactly are you looking for? Still not 100% clear. Are you looking for something like a tonneau cover like old British cars and miata's had where it covers whole interior and dash but leaves windshield exposed (usually allows you to unzip and drive with most interior covered)? Or what I've typically seen in the corvette world where you have a mini sized car cover that essentially covers same area but also covers windshield? Or something totally different? See links below then clarify. To me I don't believe you are extending the life of the top by leaving retracted/folded 24-7-365. Likely the time you do you to put top up after spending years folded it will just rip.

Robbins Vinyl Tonneau Cover - Blue for 99-05 (not mazdaspeed) for Miata 1999-2005, NOT MazdaSpeed

1953-1955 Corvette Cockpit Cover - Corvette Accessories Online

Ya definitely something like that but for a Z. Not that awkward Miata one but something like the Vett. I agree with you leaving the top down 24-7-365 is not a good idea. I move the top every now and then because nothing mechanically should stay stagnant for too long.

I guess in a perfect world it would be something easy to just break the sunlight, not necessarily black out everything. Sun is intense here in Socal during summer.

But ya more ideas of things like the links you provided.

Thank for your help so far. Look forward to some more help man. Andy hey, if nothing quite exists for the Z then that's fine just curious
Bshields22 is offline   Reply With Quote