View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 11:02 PM   #2338 (permalink)
Morbid370Z
Base Member

Drives: '14 Touring SP 7AT
Morbid370Z is a glorious beacon of lightMorbid370Z is a glorious beacon of lightMorbid370Z is a glorious beacon of lightMorbid370Z is a glorious beacon of lightMorbid370Z is a glorious beacon of lightMorbid370Z is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsutton2 View Post
Did you have rock chips or any imperfections in your paint before doing this? Mine has eaten some rocks as of late and I think it's too late for my paint, the damage is done kinda thing... I really don't want to re-paint because I'm so scared no one will do it right.
Yeah, it's been my DD for a bit over a year so it has rock chips abound. I stopped worrying about it after the first three or so. Or maybe it was the pole I backed into the first night I had the car. Dunno!

So, while the rock chips stand out a tad bit more now, the rest of the paint looks really nice. There are still swirls, but not nearly as many and it's super shiny. I'm happy with the results.

Your silver is likely MUCH more forgiving than black. Hell, anything is likely more forgiving than black. The metallic flakes pop like crazy now though, I really like it.