View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 06:07 PM   #127 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
ive driven manuals all my life and the 370Z is my first auto. i have to say, ive grown to like the auto alot in the Z. fun factor of rowing thought the gears isnt there, but are you really going to turn down a gtr if given the chance to buy?

dct vs traditional auto tranny
I'm the exact opposite. I've driven autos all my life and the C7 will be my first manual. Figured I should get one before they go completely extinct. I have learned how to drive one, but have never owned one for myself.

Not saying the GT-R is bad. I definitely respect its performance capabilities, but that's just one part of the car ownership experience. I've never driven a GT-R, but I have ridden in modded GT-R's. I think I might have the same problem with its size that I did with the Mustang I drove. Of course the GT-R can definitely handle it's size, but it's about driving experience preference at that point. GT-R's never gonna sound as good (to me) as something with 8+ cylinders. Subjective again, but I don't think it looks good either.

The C7 for me checked off all the boxes for what I was looking for in my next car. Had the performance, looks, interior, features, sound, and driving experience. Though the FPC V8 on the new GT350 had me thinking hard about getting one.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote