View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 10:48 AM   #2945 (permalink)
Huck
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pantydropper machine
Huck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstarcg View Post
Huck - So before i write anything I just want you to know this is only my opinion and the shot does look good.
However; if I was to reshoot it and wanted to improve it I would do the following. (again just my opinion)

1. Make sure the wheels are fully visible on both cars, front and back.
2. Turn on headlights and take a underexposed shot of them to brush in. (I notice car on left has angel eyes, I would love to see those.
3. More light on the car. The cars are the hero, right nwo the sky is more dominating than the cars are.
4. Move further back and light the whole grass area towards the cars and then in photoshop blend that in with a shot of no light to have a smooth gradient transition.
5. Because our cars don't really have a beltline I would paint one. I would go straight across the body to make sure I get a nice thin streak across the side. This will give it a nice expensive look.
6. This goes back to #5 a little, make sure your light painting lines have a flow and a meaning, not just lines squiggled around the car.
7. Maybe take a shot of the interior with some light inside and brush that in gently, just to give it a little life in the windows
8. Going back to making cars pop, maybe underexpose the environment just a little to make sure focus is on the cars the whole time.
No worries man, I'm always looking to improve so you're not gonna hurt my feelings. Keep in mind I have no idea what I'm doing, I basically just bought a camera a lens and a tripod and watched a couple YouTube videos and the rest I figured out on my own. So I always welcome other opinions and instructions from guys who obviously have a much more experienced eye than I do. I appreciate the suggestions, and I'll probably try to do some of what you said. Some of your suggestions I like but I lack the skill in Photoshop to execute. Same thing with that program, I got it and I load a pic and just start pushing buttons to see what does what.

So I have another shot where I painted from far away with an led Maglite, it has more of a bluish color but it just looked like I took a crap picture with a blue light, I'll post it later so you can see what I mean. I'll try stacking the two and see if it looks better. The wheels I was trying to get, but I was painting the cars with my cellphone flashlight and just didn't do a great job, that's why the lines are kinda random. That's something I need to practice more. For the beltline I think you're talking about one line of light reflection going along the outer body line of the car? To kinda highlight the figure of the car? Also, I tried a pic with the interior lit up since I have LEDs in my floor well, and I put my flashlight in his car but I couldn't get the two to look even so I decided not to use that one. I need two of the same lights for that next time. I also did one with the halos since we both have those, but even flipping them on and back off as quickly as we could it came out brighter than headlights normally look. It also lit up the front of my car way more than I could paint in the back so again I decided to forego it. I know what ghost light look you're talking about though, I love it. I'm gonna a go back to PS and see what else I can cook up. I know what you mean when you say brush it in, but I haven't actually done it yet, need to practice that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitos_370z View Post
nice shoot dude!
Thanks bud, I appreciate it!

Zdayz 2015 woohoo!
VLEDS | Evo-R | Moddiction | CF Hood Struts | F.I. CF CBE & LTH | Stillen CAI | NST Pulleys | UpRev | Z1 | M7 | Status | Forgestar | PSS | Whiteline | SPL | SPC | Kenwood | Zenclosure | Kicker | Alpine Type R
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote