View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 09:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1600 View Post
I've also got the Berk HFC's, basically no one has tested both with higher than normal 8-9psi from the kit, if you are going to pickup some standard ones, maybe wait till you have completed the build and see what the difference is once you hit the higher boost levels. What's the chances of test pipes/HFC's out performing with higher boost levels?
They will definitely outperform stock cats in my opinion. I mean, how can a more restrictive exhaust offer benefits in any way? An engine is a giant air pump, so the more air in, the more air needs to come out. The faster that can happen, then more power is made. The only benefit of stock cats should be the decibel level and smell control. But, GTM states this to be different. If I could ever get ahold of one of the guys over there I would ask how that all works, but good luck with that.