View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 05:29 AM   #725 (permalink)
BamBamZ
Base Member

Drives: Touring/Sport/6spd
BamBamZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbp6US View Post
I think we should clarify by stating that there are two distinct issues being reported across the 49 pages so far; a completely limp clutch pedal - generally attributed to a CSC failure. This also means you have a leak which will be observable in a low clutch fluid reservoir from the driver's side engine bay compartment. Your clutch pedal is sitting on the floor board and you have to lift it with your foot.

The second scenario is just a Master Cylinder failure where the clutch pedal only returns 20%-60%. This is also problematic because the car is practically undrivable, at least in a safe manner. The clutch engagement point is about the first inch of release the clutch pedal. You better hope you don't run into any large inclines on surface streets. These issues have really put me off to the 370Z and Nissan in general. If they address it, I will reconsider, and would strongly consider continuing my long standing loyalty.
I only tried to count those with the CSC failure so I skipped several that had confirmed it was the CMC and not the CSC
BamBamZ is offline   Reply With Quote