View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 02:12 PM   #714 (permalink)
Vbp6US
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370z MB 6MT
Vbp6US is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misnomer View Post
It's only been a couple of weeks, but after reading some of the newer posts in this thread I think I'm glad I went for the clutch assembly replacement. Everything feels great (knock on wood), I'm used to the slightly heavier pedal, and most of the new noises have gone away. What's left now is some transmission noise in first and second, but the mechanic thinks that's likely because they upgraded my transmission fluid and it's thinner than what Nissan originally had in there. He said if the noise really bothers me he can put thicker fluid back in and see if it helps. I'll wait another week and see how much it still bothers me (it's a light grinding/scraping sound; right now I'm leaning toward having him swap out the fluid).

I had an '02 Nissan Sentra -- manual, base trimline, all stock -- for four years and I never had a single problem. I even bought it used (in '04), and tracked it once (don't laugh!). The good experience I had with that car was part of why I didn't hesitate to buy my Z in late 2013. It's been a series of disappointments with this car, though: first the known track issues (oil/brake overheating), now the clutch issues.
I was in the market for a Sentra SE-R around that time but ended up getting the GXE (new high school grad at the time). I recall my decision being swayed based on the numerous transmission issues reported between 2003-2004. I should have extrapolated correctly and assumed that other models would be plagued by transmission/clutch/clutch assembly issues. Lesson learned.

Last edited by Vbp6US; 06-24-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Vbp6US is offline   Reply With Quote