View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 01:00 PM   #209 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by njobe89 View Post
i still don't get why you are willing to spend so much money for 400whp. when with that much money you could have 600whp. i know you want 400whp, but you could just turn the boost down and have your 400whp. to me it makes no sense to spend 15-20k for 400whp when you can have 600whp.

that would be like buying one chicken wing at $10 or buying the whole chicken at $10.

idk i guess i'm just weird lol
You're not the weird one. It's absolutely ***-backwards. I'm guessing the OP has never had a turbo car, and he's also never driven something like he's thinking of building. This smells like one of those projects that either
A. Never get completed
B. Get completed and never come close to making the planned power
C. Get completed at a far greater cost than the next best option, and is so peaky, unreliable, can't run on pump gas and doesn't perform at the level the builder would want, so the car gets sold.

A 400whp TT setup on the stock block will be a far more reliable vehicle than a 400whp NA car. That 400whp NA car is going to have very little area under the curve and you'll have to wring it out to get anywhere. At the same time that 400whp turbo car has a lot more headroom for growth.

OP, good luck but the deck is absolutely stacked against you. You're going to be out there on a limb so far that very few people will be able to offer insight, all the parts you need will be one-offs and priced accordingly, and it seems like some of the questions you're asking show a lack of experience that will be an absolute stumbling block in a project like this.

For example, thinking a NA motor revved way above the stock redline is somehow more reliable than a boosted setup. Sure, One guy somewhere did it and it lived long enough for him to sell the car a few weeks later. That's what you're using as your test case. RPM will kill a motor a hell of a lot faster than boost.