View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 07:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

I have been browsing and searching the forum for awhile, but I haven't found anyone that has gone "full" SPL. The reason for the research is that after upgrading my wheels and rotors with much lighter ones my Z has really felt a lot more spry and nimble. This confirms the concept of improving handling by reducing unsprung weight.

So, what I am wondering is if I were to go "full" SPL titanium parts (which would be quite expensive), to what degree would that improve the handling just from weight savings.

Titanium is an amazing material, which I would think would give the car additional chraracteristics if designed correctly. So in combination with coilovers this seems like an compelling upgrade.

Has anyone gone full coilover/SPL?
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote