View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 09:13 PM   #66 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Frye View Post
Well if I don't like the next gen Z, I'm going to throw caution to the wind, cash in one of my IRA's, and buy a fully optioned Jaguar F-Type R Coupe with a 550 hp supercharged V8. I figure the stock market is going to collapse again and I might as well lose the money on car depreciation and have something totally crazy like that for a few years and enjoy it.
I just turned 60 and I will never drive a grandpa car.
wow, props to you sir on being 60. that being said, i'm going through my mid-life crisis as we speak, as i just turned 30. (wtf, where did the time go!?!?!)

and if you plan on throwing money away, feel free to throw it my way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
What most fail to see is, our Z from a mechanical standpoint, is an infiniti, parts bin car. We are on the FM platform like most infiniti's. We carry the same engine and transmission as most mass produced infiniti's. We make the shell and outsource wheels. Even the Sport brakes are infiniti carry overs with custom covers.

So how much can it really cost to build the Z. Nothing is unique in terms of parts. It's just a shortened G , M, EX and FX chassis that in total, sells over WELL OVER100,000 units annually combined. Then cars like the altima and sentra make enough money to help fund the Z's chassis customizing, track testing R&D The Z is no marvel of unique technology,. So making a sports car that only sells 5,000 units a year shouldn't be that big of a deal. It's built from bred and butter infiniti parts minus SRM and Rays wheels

That said,Nissan is full of shyt with this situation.

Yep, our engines aren't unique to an individual car per se, but rather same engine that's tuned differently for different cars.