View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #53 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Bus View Post
Ghostvette, 2018 Caymans maybe turbo 4's read it online, so I went to the local Porsche dealer on Friday to confirm. Take it for whatever it's worth but the sales person told me that was his understanding for model year 2017 & on. 2016 maybe the last model year for the boxster 6 engine in the Caymans.
I'm okay with a turbo 4, as long as the power is there. If not, well, I guess it's off to the tune shop to squeeze out the horsepower and torque.

I know that 2017 is supposed to be the first year of the redesigned 911, Cayman & Boxster, so that's why I picked the 2018. It let's them get any 'bugs' worked out and it gives the aftermarket time to get goodies together.