View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 10:47 AM   #668 (permalink)
BamBamZ
Base Member

Drives: Touring/Sport/6spd
BamBamZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by schellingr View Post
I like your complaint and thank you sir for doing that. This is so frustrating to the point that I just want to go ahead and buy the aftermarket CSC, $$$$$ in labor and call it a day. I love my Z but its not enjoyable anymore because every time I shift I am thinking about the da*n CSC failing.....
I was looking at putting in aftermarket too but I'm on leave of absence from work and workmans comp likes to delay their checks to me... So it hurt enough to pay the $300 deductible for my aftermarket warranty. When I asked my friend that works at the shop what kind of part he used (hoping it was metal) he showed me the OEM box. Before leaving I said "see ya in another 30k miles"

I'm expecting it to fail again, But not for another 20K miles or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schellingr View Post
We should ALL do the above ^ 1) Complaint and then 2) Call the number. See if 1,000 calls and complaints make NISSAN do something about this known issue.
Agreed!

The number is 1-800-Nissan-1

Then press 7 for consumer affairs, you'll get forwarded to a representative and just explain your concerns. That the current OEM part is plastic and is prone to fail so you're paranoid that it will.
BamBamZ is offline   Reply With Quote