View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 10:28 AM   #665 (permalink)
MagmaRed370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14' 370z Sport Magma
MagmaRed370z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBamZ View Post
I have logged a complaint with the NHTSA before hand.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...5&refurl=email

I got this response from Nissan this morning...

I'll call in a little while and edit this to let you guys know how it goes, I just want to make Nissan aware they have this upcoming issue and the cars are failing by the dozen and hopefully they'll instate a recall and redesign the clutch slave cylinder to actually not fail within 4K-40K miles.

EDIT:

Spoke to a guy who had no idea what I was asking for, And that kinda confused me because I made it clear... It ended up being a request to find out how many cars were serviced to repair the clutch slave cylinder (which i was interested in but wasn't what i was asking for), He couldn't find that information then I explained that my concern is that the part is made out of plastic and many people have had this issue before so I don't know how long the new OEM part I had installed will last and that Nissan needs to make one out of metal and do a recall...

Suddenly they want to look at my car now, So I have to take it to the nearby dealership where they will inspect it... And consider replacing it with a metal part. I have no idea what the hell is going on at this point but just going to go with the flow.

I like your complaint and thank you sir for doing that. This is so frustrating to the point that I just want to go ahead and buy the aftermarket CSC, $$$$$ in labor and call it a day. I love my Z but its not enjoyable anymore because every time I shift I am thinking about the da*n CSC failing.....
MagmaRed370z is offline   Reply With Quote