View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 08:55 AM   #662 (permalink)
KoolKarmaJoe
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09' Nissan 370Z R M6
KoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbrah View Post
So...it finally happened to me earlier this evening. I went out to start the car to get to the car wash, and found my clutch pedal already sitting half way in and I had to reach further down with left foot almost to a full extension to make contact with the pedal. I only had to press the pedal down about two inches to get it started. It felt weird so I pushed the pedal in again and I only get pressure toward the bottom. The first half of the travel had very little to no pressure at all! I tried lifting the the pedal up with my toes but it was very floppy...I then turned off the car and opened the hood to check my fluid and sure enough, clutch fluid is filthy, I can see a lot of black debris inside the resevoir, and my fluid level was right between the Max and Min line, so I had loss some fluid since the last time I checked it a couple weeks ago. I hopped back in the car and pumped the pedal several times and it eventually returned some some pressure but still not its full range. I then sarted it up and went for a drive...I was able to get into all the gears, but my clutch pedal still isn't returning completely to its normal position...maybe 3/4 only. Autozone was already closed so I'll have to wait until tomorow to pick up some brake fluid to fill it back up. I'm hoping by refilling the fluid will buy me enough time to get a new csc and mc in from Zspeed, and take it to my shop to swap it out, but my oem csc is definitely showing symptoms of failing. My Z is a 2011 and the current mileage on her is 25,465 as of today
This is getting ridiculous with so many of us having CSC failures. Nissan sucks! I received my new CMC, HD CSC , short insulated CLUTCH line from ZSpeed about a week ago. Since the transmission must be dropped to put in new HD CSC, I've also decided to take advantage of that by also putting in a new Southbend SS Quiet CLUTCH & new light weight aluminum flywheel. AAM Competition is doing the installation.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

KoolKarmaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote