View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 02:39 AM   #661 (permalink)
Zbrah
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z
Zbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond repute

So...it finally happened to me earlier this evening. I went out to start the car to get to the car wash, and found my clutch pedal already sitting half way in and I had to reach further down with left foot almost to a full extension to make contact with the pedal. I only had to press the pedal down about two inches to get it started. It felt weird so I pushed the pedal in again and I only get pressure toward the bottom. The first half of the travel had very little to no pressure at all! I tried lifting the the pedal up with my toes but it was very floppy...I then turned off the car and opened the hood to check my fluid and sure enough, clutch fluid is filthy, I can see a lot of black debris inside the resevoir, and my fluid level was right between the Max and Min line, so I had loss some fluid since the last time I checked it a couple weeks ago. I hopped back in the car and pumped the pedal several times and it eventually returned some some pressure but still not its full range. I then sarted it up and went for a drive...I was able to get into all the gears, but my clutch pedal still isn't returning completely to its normal position...maybe 3/4 only. Autozone was already closed so I'll have to wait until tomorow to pick up some brake fluid to fill it back up. I'm hoping by refilling the fluid will buy me enough time to get a new csc and mc in from Zspeed, and take it to my shop to swap it out, but my oem csc is definitely showing symptoms of failing. My Z is a 2011 and the current mileage on her is 25,465 as of today