View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 11:05 AM   #658 (permalink)
BamBamZ
Base Member

Drives: Touring/Sport/6spd
BamBamZ is on a distinguished road

I posted this on Nissans facebook page

Quote:
"Anything on possibly fixing the common Clutch Slave Cylinder issue that is plaguing late 350z's, G37's and 370z's?... At 31K miles my clutch slave cylinder gave out on my Nissan 370z Touring/Sport and upon further research I found it's a common issue.
http://www.the370z.com/…/25007-stick...essure-…
I opened a complaint with NHTSA because it's a safety issue when you're just rolling and the clutch pedal just falls to the floor, In my case I was in the middle of a 4 way intersection and kept stalling past my turn to go until I was able to limp it to a parking lot. I am trying to get as many people on The370z.com forum to do the same. Other than that, it's a fantastic car..."
and got this response
Quote:
"Hi Alan - Thanks for reaching out to us with your concerns. Have you had a chance to have your vehicle diagnosed at a Nissan dealership? Please private message us your contact information, VIN, name of the servicing dealership and the diagnosis and our social media support team can look into this for you first thing Monday morning. Thanks - Sarah, Nissan Community Manager"
Anyone else care to weigh in on the subject in a PM to Nissan?

EDIT: Here's my novel I sent to Nissan... at the end I included my contact info but I didn't copy that to paste it on here.

"I am happy with my newish to me 2009 Nissan 370z that I purchased through Carmax with 25k miles for the most part... But a few weeks ago as I drove 50+ miles away from home to go on a date of all things my beloved Z failed me... After picking up the date we got about 2 miles from his home and as I was leaving a stop light to turn right on a red the clutch pedal fell to the floor. I was able to pump it to get it to move but not after stalling about 4 times in a panic since I was in the middle of the intersection with oncoming cars. Fortunately we were not hit and I was able to limp it to nearby parking lot where I had to wait 2 hours for "AAA", Ultimately ruining my date that I have yet to make up for and a weekend of trying to figure out why my beloved Z failed me.

The very next morning (saturday) I looked into scheduling an appointment with my local Nissan Dealership (Tracy, California) but online scheduling said they were booked until Tuesday. I didn't wan't to leave my Z outside (she's spoiled by being garaged) and conveniently I have a buddy I made by using his expertise before on my previous Toyota Tacoma X-Runner (That I had for 120K miles that required nothing but maintenance or regular wear items I might add [like brake pads, rotors, tires, filters and oil changes]).

The place my buddy works at is a independently owned mechanic shop called Tri-Valley automotive in Dublin California... They are ASE certified and all that stuff. But before that morning came... I was up all night doing my own diagnostics on google... Having been able to in seconds find a thread on my Nissan 370Z forums explaining the exact issue I am having. Which is the clutch slave cylinder began leaking

http://www.the370z.com/engine-drivet...-failures.html

To my dismay I discover that this is a super common problem, My 370Z having only 31,239 miles at the time became one of the many on that thread, I counted over 50 before I got tired of counting not even half way through the thread... So I am sure it'll be over 100 with people that have far less miles than I have. After more research I find it's also on the late model 350z's and the 6 speed G37's.

I was able to get my 370Z repaired at the cost of $300 thanks in part for the aftermarket warranty I paid an extra $1800 for that I did not really think I needed (I really thought I would never use it seeing as how I'm a meticulous owner and the car has such low miles... and to be honest, never considered Nissan to build an unreliable car), A scan of the work order and receipt is attached in a PDF file here... I opened a case with the NHTSA and even after reading from there, I find that several people have had the same issue. I am urging people on my 370Z Forum to do the same thing and file a complaint there... I believe a recall, extended factory warranty and or something needs to be done to fix the problem. Aftermarket companies spotted this as a weak point in the design since it is made out of plastic and have made kits to completely remove the clutch slave cylinder or even as simply make the entire thing out of metal. It's only a matter of time if not already has happened that someone is seriously hurt or even worse, Killed because their 6 speed manual 350z, 370z or G37 decided the clutch pedal is more comfortable on the carpet in the middle of an intersection or highway rendering the car unoperable.

The info for my car is
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring/Sport/Nav
JN1AZ44E59M402001 with under 31,400 miles on it (no idea why they put down it has 31,503 on the work order when it left the shop [type i'm assuming]). "

Last edited by BamBamZ; 06-21-2015 at 11:40 AM.
BamBamZ is offline   Reply With Quote