View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 09:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomodsjk View Post
Take southark's advice on the fsm (factory service manual) its really helpful
"Really helpful" is an understatement.

I try to get the FSM for any car I own and work on. In many cases it can be expensive, but the 370Z FSM is available for free on most of the 370Z-rerlated sites (including this one; see link in my sig).

Some of the Chilton-type manuals can be useful to the Occasional Mechanic but won't have near the detail or explanations found in FSMs.

I still have the FSM, Factory Assembly Manuals, and parts catalog (great for cross-referencing part numbers) for a 1967 Mustang that I sold several years ago.

FWIW, most PDF readers will allow you to search all documents in a folder. I dumped all the 370Z FSM PDFs into a folder and used the Search All Docs In A Folder function when I wanted to search the whole thing.