View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Pharmacist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z Sport 6MT
Pharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufio11 View Post
Does Nissan use a DBW or is it a Cable? DBW lag sucks ballz
wire. i agree it could be dbw lag. also the part about buring off the remaining fuel does seem to make sense. i highly doubt the heavy flywheel is the cause. a heavy flywheel would mean a slow rev down. what i notice is more that the engine rpm stays put without slowing down at all for about half a second or so, before beginning to slow down. the lag also seems to be independent of rpm. it's about the same duration whether at high or low rpm. if it was the flywheel, there would be more lag at high rpm and less at low rpm.

for those who say srm, no, actually the car doesn't even have to be in gear or even moving for this to happen. just try this. leave the car in neutral. push the throttle and hold the engine at a constant rpm, doesn't matter high or low. keep your eye on the tachometer needle, and immediately lift off completely. you should notice a small delay between the moment the throttle pedal is lifted and the moment the needle begins to drop.

also can someone with the automatic also try it just to see if it is indeed the flywheel or the electric throttle
Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote