Thread: 4.36 gears
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 08:50 AM   #22 (permalink)
maizenblue
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
maizenblue is a jewel in the roughmaizenblue is a jewel in the roughmaizenblue is a jewel in the roughmaizenblue is a jewel in the rough

I finally just installed my 4.36 2 weeks ago, and wanted to give my input so far on them. Srm is nonexistent if you are driving spiritedly/tracking. If you are cruising under 4k there are no issues though.
The lower gears are soo much fun now, with my 305 pss I couldn't chirp the tires going into 2nd before the swap and now I feel like I could spin out into a ditch going into 2nd if I'm not careful.the difference is astounding. I live a few miles away from a dragstrip, raced my buddies 5.0 mustang before and after the swap. Before he murdered me by 5 car lengths and now we are neck and neck with him starting to pull away by the end of the strip.
Overall, I would not recommend the 4.36 over the 4.08 to anyone who cares about fuel economy or to anyone who cares about srm. But I personally have been known to do "because racecar" mods as evidenced by all my solid bushings and now this, and I love them. Best mod ever
maizenblue is offline   Reply With Quote