View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 12:02 AM   #3755 (permalink)
Onelownismo
Track Member

Drives: 09 PG base/sport
Onelownismo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazzan11236 View Post
Excuse me "throttle lag"

The whole tuning section is a war between uprev and ecutek, the fact that uprev maps didnt address the throttle response/lag...

Thats just what ive read

Also i know for a fact my own Z has that lag. Takes a few mili seconds to actually catch on when flooring it, or even not flooring it... Still takes a min to get up
I don't really notice it if there is any lag there. It's not the same as a throttle cable car that's for sure, but I'm just used to it I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmith7861 View Post
They just recently put out an update with launch control, VVEL timing, closed loop stuff, and plenty more. Its in the ecutek thread somewhere on here.

The throttle lag is just a characteristic of electronic throttle control cars. Ive heard of dudes having better response with either uprev or ecutek though.

Mike, you might look into ecutek since you track the most out of all of us. Several members have seen 20whp gains over uprev, one guy even had +100ftlbs of torque (he was FI though, if im not mistaken).
Justin are you talking base maps? Or actual custom tunes that people have gotten done? I had a professional tuner dyno tune my car so I don't' know if another software would necessarily would change how much power the car made. It would depend on if ecutek has more variables that you could change.

I'm not going to go back and have my car retuned though, that was a significant amount of money that I don't want to spend again lol.