View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 12:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
Limeybastard
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 370Z Sport.
Limeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS VETT View Post
The problem with "thin" paint is not limited to Nissan vehicles. From the days of my second-gen '95 Eagle Talon AWD, it has been the case. I have been keeping my clear bra installer in business. Out of the last 10 cars I bought, 7 had clear bra installed and the last 6 were done by the same installer.

Proof that paint is thinner (and more fragile) is hard to come by, but the water-based paint is not just some rumor. It's been the standard in the last few decades or so.
Agreed. Its not just Nissan. Same here about the clear bra and installer, although my installer has done 4 cars for me thus far. Next owner of my car and previous cars I am sure were delighted .

The first thing dealers do is remove the clear bra when I traded them in, different dealers. What a waste.
Limeybastard is offline   Reply With Quote